Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Monday 3 October 2016
- Welcome to Cybersecurity Awareness Month 2016!
- No-one wants to buy the Shadow Brokers’ stolen NSA tools
- Should we soon expect to be sending passwords through our bodies, not the air?
- At IP EXPO Europe 2016 this week? You’re in for a treat
- Pssst! Want a backdated web certificate? [Chet Chat Podcast 253]
Tuesday 4 October 2016
- Amazon: no more freebie products in exchange for reviews!
- Apple to “do a Windows 10” by pushing out macOS automatically
- Brave browser starts paying Bitcoins to adblocked sites
- 4 easy ways to be more mindful online
Wednesday 5 October 2016
- Feds secretly subpoenaed encrypted chat app Signal
- Did Yahoo spy on its users’ emails for the NSA?
- Unmasking Tor users with DNS
- Mirai “internet of things” malware from Krebs DDoS attack goes open source
- Me-OUCH! Facebook shuts accounts over image of cat wearing suit and tie
Thursday 6 October 2016
- Odin ransomware takes over from Zepto and Locky
- Hacked Olympians’ doping docs may have been doctored post-theft
- BuzzFeed latest high-profile victim of OurMine hackers
- Billboard hacker faces 12 years in jail for broadcasting porn
- From Russia with grudge: hackers accused of trying to sway US election
Friday 7 October 2016
- ‘Security fatigue’ leading computer users to more or less just give up
- Android battles to fix the holes where the rain gets in
- Islamic State suspect charged with hiding terrorist data in cufflink
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don't miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.