Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Monday 10 October 2016
- Cyberbullies could be jailed in the UK for ruining people’s lives
- Turkey blocks cloud sites following huge data dump of stolen email
- Is it really a good idea to scam the scammers?
- 12-year-old gets €100,000 Google bill after confusing AdWords and AdSense
- Live from the Virus Bulletin 2016 conference [Chet Chat Podcast 254]
Tuesday 11 October 2016
- Amazon finds cache of reused passwords: change yours now!
- $15 million fake IRS call center busted by police
- The EU’s latest idea to secure the Internet of Things? Sticky labels
- Yahoo won’t let you forward your emails to another service – but why?
- Yahoo wants to spy on you through advertising billboards
Wednesday 12 October 2016
- Twitter bot baits bullies into meaningless and futile arguments
- Phisher arrested for stealing Bitcoins from dark web users
- CCTV that lets the crooks watch you, not the other way around…
Thursday 13 October 2016
- Clinton campaign official’s Twitter account hijacked: “I’ve switched teams”
- Popular Bitcoin site hit by DNS attack, loses control of own website
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram cut off surveillance tool used to track protesters
- Lizard Squad, PoodleCorp members arrested in DDoS-for-hire bust
Friday 14 October 2016
- Is your router taking part in DDoS attacks right under your nose?
- Doh! Government inadvertently reveals hacker’s private info
- A user’s foolproof guide to choosing terrible passwords
- Facebook’s repeatedly trended bogus news since firing human curators
- Microsoft’s October 2016 patch rollup: 10 bulletins, 4 zero-days
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don't miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.