Get yourself up to date with everything we’ve written in the last seven days – it’s weekly roundup time.
Monday 28 November 2016
- The Chrome extension that “Firesheeps” you by choice
- ‘Ransomware’ attack halts payments on San Francisco Muni network
- Who’s better at reading lips – humans or AI?
- Concern over FBI operation to catch users of darkweb site
Tuesday 29 November 2016
- News in brief: Muni hacker is hacked; Facebook warned over data sharing; spy agency releases data tool
- Dismay as ‘snooper’s charter’ finally becomes law
- Deutsche Telekom outage: Mirai botnet goes double-rogue
- The Tor Phone prototype: a truly private smartphone?
- When are you going to die? Ubisoft tool uses Facebook data to tell you
Wednesday 30 November 2016
- Bypassing BitLocker during an upgrade
- Facebook users want to continue posting from beyond the grave
- News in brief: leniency urged for Snowden; crowdsourced suggestions for Facebook; Berners-Lee slams ‘Snoopers’ Charter’
- Hackers reuse passwords to access 26,500 National Lottery accounts
- America wonders what path Trump will tread on cybersecurity
- IoT camera turned into a zombie in under two minutes
Thursday 1 December 2016
- Cut through the FUD in online security tips
- News in brief: Pi bakes in security; net neutrality fears; Rule 41 delay fails
- Firefox and Tor users update now: 0-day exploit in the wild
- Honest but uncomplimentary reviews protected as Congress outlaws contract gag clauses
- Uber now collecting location data even after you leave a driver’s car
Friday 2 December 2016
- ‘Avalanche’ botnet takes a tumble after Europol cyber-bust
- New iOS lockscreen bypass renders Activation Lock useless
- News in brief: meals on robot wheels; Mirai blamed for new attacks; police bypass iPhone encryption
- Would Facebook or Twitter dare to ban Trump? [Poll]
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.