Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Monday 23 January 2017
- St Jude case highlights ongoing divide over ‘responsible bugs disclosure’
- Israeli soldiers duped into installing malware via fake Facebook profiles
Tuesday 24 January 2017
- News in brief: DuckDuckGo takes off; Sundance hit by cyberattack; Oz moots biometric arrivals
- Android Pattern Lock ‘can be cracked in five attempts’ – here’s what to do
- When is a blockchain not a blockchain?
- Update your Mac and iPhone – and help stop unwanted pwnage
- As attacks rise, we ask: how secure is your Hadoop installation?
- World’s most popular email server praised as ‘near-impenetrable’
Wednesday 25 January 2017
- News in brief: 1984 tops bestseller charts; Alexa pleases Trekkies; HP extends battery recall
- Court rejects US government appeal in case of Microsoft overseas email
- Verizon’s $4.8bn acquisition of Yahoo put on hold after breach revelations
- China clamps down tighter on web use with new VPN ban
- Twitter’s Phantom Menace: a Star Wars botnet
- Looking for love? Don’t get caught out by the growing number of scammers
Thursday 26 January 2017
- Clock’s ticking for MD5-signed JAR files, says Oracle
- News in brief: real Q is a woman; Trump ‘still using Android phone’; Apple to join AI group
- How one man could have deleted any public Facebook video
- Raspberry Pi to get a boost in brain power thanks to Google’s AI tools
- In a bad mood? You might not be allowed to log on
- Google pressure on devs to fix security issues bears fruit
- Cisco WebEx code execution hole – what you need to know
Friday 27 January 2017
- News in brief: Fancy Bear ‘attacked TV network’; Lavabit comes back to life; museum does geek history
- Raise your glasses! Wine is 2.0!
- Trump’s attorney-general choice wants to ‘overcome encryption’
- Pay for experts to rise as cybercrime ‘to cost $6tn a year by 2021’
- Celebgate hacker who stole nude photos gets nine months in jail
- Data Privacy Day: know the risks of Amazon Alexa and Google Home
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don't miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.