Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Monday 30 January 2017
- News in brief: DC cameras hacked; Trump ‘unprepared’ for Russian cyberattacks; fake news probed
- GDPR is just over a year away – and many firms are nowhere near ready
- Sex club for women exposes members’ private photographs
- Trump’s immigration move sparks fears for Privacy Shield protections
- Man logs into Facebook account of the woman using his stolen laptop
- Yes, I can see your Pattern Lock code! [Chet Chat Podcast 257]
Tuesday 31 January 2017
- Facebook steps up security by allowing physical keys for log-in
- News in brief: Witcher user details stolen; email chain generated 500m messages; Russians face treason charges
- ‘I’m not a robot’ verification test beaten by … a robot
- Do I have to hand over bank and social media details at the US border?
Wednesday 1 February 2017
- Easing of security checks at remote Scottish airports ‘a risk’
- Federal Reserve staffer caught mining bitcoins at work fined $5,000
- News in brief: 2.5m gamers’ details stolen; Google chokes on NHS traffic; Facebook moves on fake news
- Draft of Trump’s cybersecurity plan emerges. Here’s what experts think
- Eight years’ worth of police evidence wiped out in ransomware attack
- Why you shouldn’t trust baby health monitors
- Facebook takes steps to boost password recovery security
Thursday 2 February 2017
- Is your office printer vulnerable to being attacked?
- News in brief: Czech minister’s emails attacked; Dutch fear election hacking; Facebook extends connections
- What’s the actual cost to a business of a data breach?
- Gamers lose suit over retention of biometric faceprints
- Lego builds social network that should be safe for kids
Friday 3 February 2017
- Critical WordPress update fixes zero-day flaw unnoticed
- Google will use Gmail to nudge you into updating your browser
- News in brief: Pentagon risks cyberattacks; government rapped on security; Russia warned on meddling
- Pacemaker data used to help indict alleged arsonist
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don't miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.