Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Monday 20 March 2017
- Sweeping dragnet search warrant given the go-ahead by judge
- News in brief: FBI probes Russian ‘meddling’; Secret Service laptop stolen; Pi beats Commodore 64 sales
- ISP customer data breach could turn into supercharged tech support scams
- Emma Watson among stars targeted by hackers in ‘Celebgate 2.0’
- DIY kits for sale on dark web spark rise of ransomware-as-a-service
- When will blockchain technology deliver on its promise?
Tuesday 21 March 2017
- Global spam volume goes back up to deliver huge pump-and-dump scam
- News in brief: carry-on gadgets ban from some countries; Android O preview lands; Hawking to space
- Your Mac is not malware-proof: a look at the threats and defenses
- People who think they’re ‘tech-savvy’ 18% more likely to be hit by ID theft
- Russian bank claims hackers are trying to connect it to Trump
- Park uses facial recognition to wipe out toilet paper thieves
Wednesday 22 March 2017
- News in brief: bid to upgrade Pluto; Nest cameras vulnerable to attack; Google rolls out location sharing
- Rise of the Twitterbots increases pressure on Twitter chief Dorsey
- New York’s ‘unconstitutional’ right to be forgotten bill sparks concern
- Soundwaves used to produce fake data from accelerometers
- USB pen-testing stick: what happens if it falls into malicious hands?
Thursday 23 March 2017
- News in brief: WikiLeaks drops more CIA documents; ISP privacy rules killed; Instagram launches 2FA
- ‘Turkish’ hackers threaten to reset millions of iCloud accounts
- Ex-IT director accused of accessing his former employer for two years
- Spam mails circulate file-shredding malware: how to protect yourself
- ‘I forgot my password’ doesn’t impress judge in a child images case
- Airline devices ban: here’s what you need to know
Friday 24 March 2017
- Prosecutors access data from locked phones of 100 Trump protesters
- News in brief: Pyongyang role in heist probed; EU to discuss laptops ban; social media rapped on terrorism
- Latest WikiLeaks dump shows CIA targeting Apple earlier than others
- Still running Windows Vista? Here’s a wake-up call for you
- Man charged with $100m ‘whaling’ attack on two US tech giants
- Spock will unlock Kirk ransomware – after you beam up a bunch of Monero
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don't miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.
Image of days of week courtesy of Shutterstock.