Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Tuesday 2 May 2017
- News in brief: China plans its own Wikipedia; social media firms face huge fines; TalkTalk duo plead guilty
- Fraudsters draining accounts with ‘SIM swaps’ – what to do
- Netflix declines to pay Orange is the New Black ransom to hacker
- GE patches flaws allowing attackers to ‘disconnect power grid at will’
- Fox News ‘hacked Andrea Tantaros’, says lawsuit
- Super Free Music Player in Google Play is malware: a technical analysis
Wednesday 3 May 2017
- News in brief: China steps up news oversight; Intel patches flaw; Zuck pledges better moderation
- BASIC turns 53 – find out just how cool that is!
- Concern mounts at Indian ID scheme as portals ‘leak’ 100m people’s details
- Tinder orders researcher to remove dataset of 40,000 profile pictures
- Want to get your Android phone purring? Don’t install Full Optimizer
Thursday 4 May 2017
- News in brief: UHD Blu-ray encryption ‘cracked’; WhatsApp falls over; Gmail boosts phish protection
- Going travelling? Don’t drop your guard when you’re on the road
- Have you got what it takes to hack the US Air Force?
- Update: Google Docs used for phishing? Not exactly
- NSA kept an eye on 151m phone records – but wait, didn’t bulk collection stop three years ago?
Friday 5 May 2017
- The Google-phish-that-was-also-a-worm – what happened and what to do
- News in brief: Uber faces criminal probe; Cassini dives through Saturn’s rings; police fined for data breach
- Bank accounts raided after crooks exploit huge flaw in mobile networks
- Listen up: is this really who you think it is talking?
- Celebrity ‘extortion’: judge orders reality star to unlock her iPhone
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don't miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.