Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Monday 5 June 2017
- News in brief: tech firms under fire again; facial recognition prize offered; hack leads to Gulf crisis
- Facebook safety check: telling loved ones you’re safe is a good thing
- Why ‘I forgot my password’ won’t go down well with a judge
- Punching down the Judy Android adware: a SophosLabs analysis
- Facebook denies parents access to dead daughter’s account
Tuesday 6 June 2017
- News in brief: spy chief warns on blame; FBI arrests NSA contractor; Japan holds teen on ransomware
- Two cheers for Google’s native Chrome ad-blocker
- InfoSec 2017: a look at the family album of ransomware
- Google ads for tech support scams – would you spot one?
Wednesday 7 June 2017
- News in brief: computers trained to spot catfish; Trump cautioned on blocks; Apple locks out older phones
- InfoSec 2017: Brexit+GDPR = business disaster?
- Firms stockpiling Bitcoins ready to pay off ransomware crooks
- InfoSec 2017: ‘One disaster away from governments doing something’ on IoT
- Russians apparently ‘targeted US election via phishing attacks’
- You think that post is secret? Beware – it can come back and bite you
- InfoSec 2017: how to protect yourself against the next WannaCry
Thursday 8 June 2017
- News in brief: man jailed for hacking celebrity chef; US could add domestic flights to laptop ban; flaws found in ‘security’ cameras
- It is not OK to break the law to catch criminals, judge rules
- Supreme Court to rule on warrants for cellphone location data
- Apple’s Safari is going to use AI to track who’s tracking you
Friday 9 June 2017
- News in brief: Ransomware-proof Windows?; Al Jazeera attacked; Coats keeps quiet
- Android ransomware hides in fake King of Glory game
- Want Instagram likes? Now you can buy popularity from a vending machine
- When security bugs become WONTFIX writeoffs [Chet Chat Podcast 262]
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don't miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.