Get yourself up to date with everything we’ve written in the last seven days – it’s weekly roundup time.
Monday 17 July 2017
- News in brief: Beijing bans Pooh; Ashley Madison offers settlement; patient data shared on Facebook
- What does Imogen Heap have in common with mail? The blockchain
- Wait, you didn’t want to clean the toilets? Should have read the terms!
- Siri implicated in yet another iPhone lockscreen hole
- Alexa is listening to what you say – and might share that with developers
Tuesday 18 July 2017
- News in brief: laptop ban curtailed; robot meets a soggy end; Dow Jones leaks 2.2m customers’ data
- Black Hat USA 2017: what’s on the agenda in Las Vegas
- Google wants you to bid farewell to SMS authentication
- Hacked drones flying up, up and away over geofencing restrictions
- Access all areas – but for how long after you’ve left the company?
- When good extensions go bad: buyer turns Particle into adware
Wednesday 19 July 2017
- News in brief: moving Segway hacked; Google Glass resurrected; 308 Oracle fixes
- Windows security hole – the “Orpheus’ Lyre” attack explained
- Myspace bug left old accounts vulnerable to attack
- Police bodycams get tech that can identify “faces and people”
- Want porn? Prove your age (or get a VPN)
Thursday 20 July 2017
- News in brief: Street View goes out of this world; GoT fans warned on torrenting; Citadel man jailed
- ATM crooks up the ante by using infrared to steal your PIN
- “Orpheus’ Lyre” – where it came from, and what to do [VIDEO]
- Facebook has got your number – even if it’s not your number
- Twitter users targeted by an army of 86,262 sex-starved bots
- BSidesLV: What’s on the agenda in Las Vegas
Friday 21 July 2017
- Something for the weekend? How about an Apple patch for BroadPwn?
- Hit the road – with your insurer and lender keeping an eye on your driving
- Twitter says it’s cracking down on the abuse – but is it?
- Watch out for the Android malware that snoops on your phone
- Global police swoop shutters Hansa and AlphaBay dark web markets
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.
Image of days of week courtesy of Shutterstock.