Get yourself up to date with everything we’ve written in the last seven days – it’s weekly roundup time.
Monday 24 July 2017
- News in brief: China forces spyware on minority group; farewell to Paint; drones to be regulated
- Microsoft opens up a new front in the battle against Fancy Bear
- Yakkety Yak won’t come back: Linux users, it’s time to upgrade Ubuntu
- Glassdoor pushes back against moves to identify anonymous reviewers
- Your pacemaker could be put in the witness box against you
Tuesday 25 July 2017
- News in brief: finally, a farewell to Flash; Paint lives on; young cybercriminals sent to rehab
- Mozilla wants to hear your voice – but should you keep quiet?
- For better machine-based malware analysis, add a slice of LIME
- Swedish PM admits that huge data leak is ‘a disaster’
- Senator demands to know why email isn’t shielded by DMARC
- Ransomware as a service: how the bad guys marketed Philadelphia
Wednesday 26 July 2017
- Garbage in, garbage out: a cautionary tale about machine learning
- Where are the holes in machine learning – and can we fix them?
- Philadelphia RaaS: our map of how it works (and how to prevent it)
- Privacy dust-up as Roomba maker mulls selling maps of users’ homes
- WikiLeaks drops another cache of ‘Vault7’ stolen tools
- Chips with everything – are you ready to be bio-hacked?
Thursday 27 July 2017
- News in brief: US indicts Russian BTC-e ‘mastermind’; Blu still phoning home; bug bounty offers $250k
- Don’t want your SMSs stolen? Don’t download these Android apps
- Independent labs to probe medical devices for security flaws
- Wells Fargo apologizes for spilling trove of data on wealthy clients
- Start-up accused of undermining popular open-source tools
- Wait, this email isn’t for me – what’s it doing in my inbox?
Friday 28 July 2017
- Become a sysadmin – learn how to fit right in [VIDEO]
- News in brief: beware the hacked carwash; man sentenced over Mirai attack; farewell to the iPod
- Lipizzan spyware linked to cyberarms firm plunders SMS, logs and photos
- Are you a Sysadmin? Find out now for free!
- Police crack seized phones of inauguration day protesters
- Facebook joins heavy hitters to fund group standing up to post-truth
- Today’s the day – celebrate your sysadmin superheroes!
- Going on holiday? Here are our tips for a security-minded trip
- How to hack a Sysadmin – jump the IT support queue every time!
For a bit of fun to celebrate last Friday’s #SysAdminDay, we recorded a Facebook Live video to help you be the coolest sysadmin possible:
(Can’t see the video directly above this line? Watch on Facebook instead.)
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.