Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Monday 11 September 2017
- News in brief: Virginia ditches voting machines; Chrome to warn of MiTM hacks; Beijing cracks down on Bitcoin
- Concerns raised over claim that neural networks can detect sexuality
- When is a bug not a bug? When Microsoft says ‘it’s a feature’
- What your phone can tell city transport planners
- The mystery caller dials you for the 700th time today. What do you do?
Tuesday 12 September 2017
- News in brief: lawyerbot offers Equifax help; Facebook faces privacy fine; gang hacks India ID scheme
- New iOS 11 features create fresh headaches for law enforcement
- Beware the Kedi RAT pretending to be a Citrix file that Gmails home
- Why are redditors ripping images from Instagram? Because they can
- Researcher reveals D-Link router holes that might never be patched
Wednesday 13 September 2017
- News in brief: Cruz’s Twitter blunder; Adobe patches Flash; Target ditches Apple
- Governments must fix the digital identity mess, says think tank
- Smart pumps used by hospitals in IV drips vulnerable to attacks
- Fears raised about accuracy of new forensic DNA techniques
Thursday 14 September 2017
- News in brief: FTC to probe Equifax; Bitcoin price falls on China move; HBO teases GoT finale news
- Equifax: researchers find leaky customer help portal in Argentina
- Microsoft patches second FinSpy zero-day exploit this year
- Equifax felled by a months-old Apache Struts vulnerability
- Equifax: four simple steps to secure yourself
- DHS faces lawsuit over legality of forced warrantless device searches
Friday 15 September 2017
- India’s Aadhaar digital ID scheme: what could possibly go wrong?
- Poisoned WordPress ‘Display Widgets’ plugin finally purged
- Facebook’s Crisis Response hub centralizes help for disaster victims
Sunday 17 September 2017
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don't miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.
Image of days of week courtesy of Shutterstock.