Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Monday 4 December 2017
- Smile, you’re on hidden webcam Airbnb TV!
- Man blocks employer’s tracking with chip packet, plays 140 rounds of golf
- Proposed law would jail execs who fail to report data breaches
- Fancy what? Fancy where? Oh, Fancy BEAR! [Chet Chat Podcast 266]
Tuesday 5 December 2017
- Politicians boast about sharing passwords, bask in blissful ignorance
- High schooler hacks his way to a higher GPA
- Facebook brings Messenger to kids as young as 6
- PayPal’s TIO Networks breached; PII of 1.6 million users affected
Wednesday 6 December 2017
- Net Neutrality comments “deeply corrupted” – NY Attorney General
- Questions linger as data breach trading site LeakBase disappears
- Hacker who tried to free inmate early may soon join him in jail
- Cayla doll too eavesdroppy to put under the Christmas tree, says France
Thursday 7 December 2017
- Man turns shed into top rated restaurant on TripAdvisor
- Mr. Robot eps3.8_stage3.torrent – the security review
- NiceHash cryptomining exchange hacked; everything’s gone
- US gov says it can break your encryption without a court order
- Meow! Facial recognition reaches pet doors
Friday 8 December 2017
- Phishing embraces HTTPS, hoping you’ll “check for the padlock”
- Google AI teaches itself ‘superhuman’ chess skills in four hours
- Uber disguised $100,000 hacker payoff as bug bounty, claims Reuters
- Apple fills the KRACK on iPhones – at last
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don't miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.
Image of days of week courtesy of Shutterstock.