Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Monday 26 March 2018
- Facebook death hoax: Captain Kirk says, “I’ve not boldly gone yet!”
- Police use dead man’s fingers to try to unlock his iPhone
- Shodan and passwords sitting in a tree, S-H-O-W-I-N-G!
- Craigslist personals, some subreddits yanked after passage of FOSTA
Tuesday 27 March 2018
- HOAX ALERT: Can you really verify your Facebook account security with a comment?
- Biggest pirate in the US sentenced to 5 years
- Cobalt/Carbanak bank malware gang’s alleged leader arrested
- 3 of Facebook’s dumbest hoaxes
- Of course Facebook logs calls and texts – people gave it permission
Wednesday 28 March 2018
- Unmasking Monero: stripping the currency’s privacy protection
- Yet another Apple password leak – how to avoid it
- Push for legal mandate to unlock phones revived by DOJ
- Cambridge Analytica’s secret coding sauce allegedly leaked
- Cryptocurrency clampdown! Twitter bans ICO ads to combat scammers
- FTC goes after Facebook
Thursday 29 March 2018
- Boeing hit by WannaCry, reminding everyone the threat is still there
- Facebook revamps security, privacy settings following huge data scandal
- Football team pays $2.5 million to criminals in transfer fee scam
- Hackers hit 911 system, emergency dispatch affected
- Firefox add-on limits Facebook’s tracking of you
- Microsoft’s Windows 7 Meltdown patch created ‘worse’ flaw
- Stop swearing on Skype! And don’t even think about sending that nude selfie…
- Jaywalkers to be named, shamed and fined thanks to facial recognition
Friday 30 March 2018
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don't miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.