Get yourself up to date with everything we’ve written in the last seven days – it’s weekly roundup time.
Monday 21 May 2018
- Facebook conspiracy theories after Android app tries to “get root”
- Real-time cellphone location data leaked for all major US carriers
- Chrome drops ‘secure’ label for HTTPS websites
Tuesday 22 May 2018
- Server? What server? Site forgotten for 12 years attracts hacks, fines
- TeenSafe phone monitoring app leaks teens’ iCloud logins in plaintext
- Please vote for Naked Security at the European Blogger Awards 2018!
- DrayTek router user? Patch now to keep the crooks out…
- Mugshots.com’s alleged owners arrested for extortion
- Guilty! Anti-anti-virus crook convicted, could spend decades in jail
Wednesday 23 May 2018
- VPNFilter – is a malware timebomb lurking on your router?
- Surprise! Student receives $36,000 Google bug bounty for RCE flaw
- Google in court over ‘clandestine tracking’ of 4.4m iPhone users
Thursday 24 May 2018
- 2 million stolen identities used to make fake net neutrality comments
- Office 365 will automatically block Flash and Silverlight
- FBI admits to inflating number of crime-related devices it can’t crack
- VPNFilter router malware – what to do? [VIDEO]
Friday 25 May 2018
- Facebook 2FA no longer needs a phone number: here’s how to set it up
- Facebook’s counterintuitive way to combat nonconsensual porn
- Does your BMW need a security patch?
- Trump’s blocking of Twitter users declared unconstitutional
Saturday 26 May 2018
Sunday 27 May 2018
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security SOS podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.