Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Monday 8 October 2018
- Unpatched routers bad, doubly unpatched routers worse – much, much worse!
- Attackers use voicemail hack to steal WhatsApp accounts
- Phantom Secure CEO sold encrypted phones to drug cartels
- Seven Russian cyberspies indicted for hacking, wire fraud, ID theft
- Fitbit data leads to arrest of 90-year-old in stepdaughter’s murder
Tuesday 9 October 2018
- Apple and Amazon hacked by China? Here’s what to do (even if it’s not true)
- Microsoft hits the brakes on latest Windows 10 update – what to do
- Don’t fall for the Facebook ‘2nd friend request’ hoax
- Hey Portal, what’s that Facebook device in my kitchen?
- Google ramps up G Suite protections against government-backed attacks
Wednesday 10 October 2018
- How a WhatsApp call could have taken over your phone
- Google+ wakes up to what the rest of us already knew
- 291 records breached per second in first half of 2018
- Cyber tormentor leaves a trail that lands him 17.5 years
- Airport mislays world’s most expensive USB stick
Thursday 11 October 2018
- Instagram tests sharing your location history with Facebook
- Millions at risk from default webcam passwords
- Jailbroken PS4 seller sued by Sony
- Update now! Microsoft fixes 49 bugs, 12 are critical
Friday 12 October 2018
- What Kanye West can teach us about passcodes
- 35 state attorneys general tell FCC to pull the plug on robocalls
- Experian credit-freeze PINs could be revealed by a simple trick
- Payment skimmers sneaking on to websites via third party code
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don't miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.