The Naked Security podcast explains why storing plaintext passwords is an unnecessary evil, investigates a cryptocurrency spat between a software maker and a disgruntled user, and tells you some earnest but sometimes unpopular truths about how to keep your children safe online.
With Anna Brading, Paul Ducklin, Mark Stockley and Matt Boddy.
This week’s stories:
- Millions of utilities customers’ passwords stored in plain text
- Disgruntled dev blames crypto-wallet for losing cryptocoins
- The Momo Challenge urban legend – what on earth is going on?
- The “Momo challenge” – why it’s time to stop the hype
Related articles on issues mentioned in the podcast:
- Serious Security: How to store your users’ passwords safely
- The “passwordless web” and WebAuthn explained
If you enjoy the podcast, please share it with other people interested in cybersecurity, and give us a vote on iTunes and other podcasting directories.