Get yourself up to date with everything we’ve written in the last seven days – it’s weekly roundup time.
Monday 11 March 2019
- US Army clarifies its killer robot plans
- Booking a restaurant? Let Google’s Duplex AI make the call for you
- FTC says taxpayer voice phishing scams are up nearly 20x
Tuesday 12 March 2019
- Facebook sues developers over data-scraping quizzes
- Study throws security shade on freelance and student programmers
- Citrix admits attackers breached its network – what we know
- Email list-cleaning site may have leaked up to 2 billion records
- John Oliver bombards the FCC with anti-robocall robocall campaign
Wednesday 13 March 2019
- “FINAL WARNING” email – have they really hacked your webcam?
- Chrome will soon block drive-by-download malvertising
- Update now! WordPress abandoned cart plugin under attack
- Misconfigured Box accounts leak terabytes of companies’ sensitive data
- New bill would give parents an ‘Eraser Button’ to delete kids’ data
Thursday 14 March 2019
- Serious Security: What we can all learn from #PiDay
- Man drives 3,300 miles to talk to YouTube about deleted video
- Google needs breaking up, says news chief
- Update now! Microsoft’s March 2019 Patch Tuesday is here
Friday 15 March 2019
- Sextortion – what’s new, and what to do [VIDEO]
- You left WHAT on that USB drive?!
- Ep. 023 – Facebook promises and Google Chrome patches [PODCAST]
- Facebook outage coincides with (or causes?) 3m new Telegram users
- How to make DuckDuckGo your default Chrome search engine
- Will the next version of Android get location privacy right?
This week’s podcast
This week’s Naked Security Live
Received an alarming email claiming to have x-rated footage of you stolen via your webcam? Don’t panic – it’s not real. Here’s what to do:
(Watch directly on YouTube if the video won’t play here.)
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.