Get yourself up to date with everything we’ve written in the last seven days – it’s weekly roundup time.
Monday 22 July 2019
- Chrome 76 blocks websites from detecting incognito mode
- Hacked Bulgarian database reaches online forums
- Stop facial recognition trials now, warns UK committee
Tuesday 23 July 2019
- SharePoint Online scam – sadly, phishing’s not dead
- Programmer from hell plants logic bombs to guarantee future work
- Big password hole in iOS 13 beta spotted by testers
- Your Android’s accelerometer could be used to eavesdrop on your calls
- FSB hackers drop files online
Wednesday 24 July 2019
- Apple’s July patchfest fixes bugs in multiple products
- Facebook admits to Messenger Kids security hole
Thursday 25 July 2019
- Facebook gets its wrist slapped $5b for fumbling our data, confirms FTC
- EvilGnome – Linux malware aimed at your desktop, not your servers
- New York City moves to protect citizens’ location data
- You can probably be identified from your anonymized data
Friday 26 July 2019
- S2 Ep1: FaceApp, logic bombs and stranger danger – Naked Security Podcast
- Sysadmins need to know – how DO you pronounce “sudo”?
- Happy SysAdminDay 2019!
- BlueKeep guides make imminent public exploit more likely
- Browser plug-ins peddled personal data from over 4m browsers
Sunday 28 July 2019
This week’s Naked Security Live video
Duck explains the cloud and shares five tips for staying secure…
(Watch directly on YouTube if the video won’t play here.)
This week’s Naked Security podcast
In this week’s episode, host Anna Brading is joined by Paul Ducklin, Mark Stockley and Matt Boddy.
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.