Get yourself up to date with everything we’ve written in the last seven days – it’s weekly roundup time.
Monday 9 September 2019
- WordPress 5.2.3 fixes new clutch of security vulnerabilities
- Brave accuses Google of sidestepping GDPR
- Facebook launches $10m deepfake detection project
- US city balks at paying $5.3 million ransomware demand
- Patch early, patch often – and patch everything!
Tuesday 10 September 2019
- Mozilla increases browser privacy with encrypted DNS
- Google & Apple pushed to reveal gun scope app users’ names to feds
- Chrome bumps ineffective EV certificates off the omnibar
- Critical TLS flaw opens Exim servers to remote compromise
Wednesday 11 September 2019
- Wikipedia fights off huge DDoS attack
- LinkedIn can’t block public profile data scraping, court rules
- Telegram fixes ‘unsend message’ bug that held on to your pictures
- Facebook says location data in iOS 13, Android 10 may be confusing
Thursday 12 September 2019
- S2 Ep8: Facebook leak, $5m ransoms, DNS angst – Naked Security Podcast
- September 2019’s Patch Tuesday: 2 zero-days, 17 critical bugs
- Massive email fraud bust snares 281 suspects
- Google experiments with DNS-over-HTTPS in Chrome
- Error-laden phone location data suspended from use in Danish courts
Friday 13 September 2019
- Just how private are your browsing habits?
- Intel: SSH-stealing NetCAT bug not really a problem
- Leaky database full of fake Groupon emails turns out to belong to crooks
- Mozilla Private Network VPN gives Firefox another privacy boost
- Fin7 sysadmin pleads guilty to running IT for billion-dollar crime syndicate
This week’s podcast
Peter fights complex and advanced malware here at Sophos and joined us to share the latest ransomware trends [0’37”]. Ben discusses a recent leak of Facebook data that led to the exposure of more than 100 million phone numbers [15’50”] and Duck explains why not everyone is happy about Mozilla’s move towards DNS over HTTPS [31’36”].
Click-and-drag on the soundwaves below to skip to any point in the podcast.
And here’s our latest fun animation based on last week’s episode.
This week’s Naked Security Live video
(Watch directly on YouTube if the video won’t play here.)
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.