Get yourself up to date with everything we’ve written in the last seven days – it’s weekly roundup time.
Monday 23 September 2019
- Google pulls more fake adblockers from Chrome Web Store
- Investors accuse FedEx of lying, stock dumping after NotPetya attack
- Could EarEcho change the way we authenticate our phones?
- Two charged with tech-support scamming the elderly for $10m
- WannaCry – and why it never went away
Tuesday 24 September 2019
- Instagram phish poses as copyright infringement warning – don’t click!
- YouTube ‘influencers’ get 2FA tokens phished
- Facebook has booted tens of thousands of data-grabbing apps
- Apple restricts old adblocking tech
- Jira development and ticketing software hit by critical flaws
Wednesday 25 September 2019
- Microsoft rushes out fix for Internet Explorer zero-day
- Google wins landmark case: Right to be forgotten only applies in EU
- Patch released for Windows-pwning VPN bug
- Twitter’s new policy bans financial scams
Thursday 26 September 2019
- S2 Ep10: Emotet’s back, mutant WannaCry and Insta scam – Naked Security Podcast
- Hackers are infecting WordPress sites via a defunct plug-in
- Russian pleads guilty in massive JPMorgan hacking scheme
- Update ColdFusion now! Emergency patch for critical flaws
- Vimeo sued for storing faceprints of people without their say-so
Friday 27 September 2019
- ‘Fleeceware’ Play store apps quietly charging up to $250
- Apple users, patch now! The ‘bug that got away’ has been fixed
- Chrome cripples movie studio Mac Pros
- Google made thousands of deepfakes to aid detection efforts
- Match knowingly puts people at risk from scammers, FTC charges
Latest podcast – S2 Ep10
In last week’s podcast, Ben explains why Emotet is back [2’54”], Peter discusses his latest research into WannaCry [18’37”] and Mark shares the latest Instagram phish [33’36”].
Click-and-drag on the soundwaves below to skip to any point in the podcast.
Audio player above not working? Download MP3, listen on Soundcloud or on Apple Podcasts, or access via Spotify.
Our latest Naked Security Live video
Mark and Anna discuss ways to prevent your Instagram account being hijacked…
(Watch directly on YouTube if the video won’t play here.)
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.