Get yourself up to date with everything we’ve written in the last seven days – it’s weekly roundup time.
Monday 30 September 2019
- Checkm8 jailbreak and AltStore put cracks in Apple’s walled garden
- Social media manipulation as a political tool is spreading
- Outlook on the web bans a further 38 file types
- Is the era of social media Likes over?
Tuesday 1 October 2019
- Cloudflare adds VPN features to 126.96.36.199 privacy app
- Hacking 2020 voting systems is a ‘piece of cake’
- China’s 500 megapixel camera is capable of mega-facial-recognition
- Darknet hosting provider in underground NATO bunker busted
Wednesday 2 October 2019
- Exim suffers another ‘critical’ remote code execution flaw
- O.MG! Evil Lightning cable about to hit mass distribution
- 218 million Words With Friends players lose data to hackers
- Ex-Yahoo engineer pleads guilty to hacking 6,000 accounts
Thursday 3 October 2019
- No federal privacy law will make it in the US this year, sources say
- PDF encryption standard weaknesses uncovered
- Google’s Password Manager now checks for breached credentials
- Ransomware attacks paralyze, and sometimes crush, hospitals
Friday 4 October 2019
- S2 Ep11: Fleeceware, Chrome bug and the sextortion scam that won’t die – Naked Security Podcast
- Buying a new laptop? Here’s how to secure it
- WhatsApp vulnerability could compromise Android smartphones
- £3 billion Safari iPhone privacy lawsuit given go-ahead
- Hacker’s parents sentenced for selling his cryptocurrency
- Google brings Incognito mode to Maps
The latest Naked Security Live video
Happy Cybersecurity Awareness Month! Here are some top tips from Duck…
The Naked Security podcast: S2 Ep11
We discuss the realities of user education in honour of National Cybersecurity Awareness Month [1’04”], Greg shares SophosLabs’ latest research into ‘Fleeceware’ [9’27”], Mark explains how Chrome brought Hollywood to a standstill [18’54] and Anna discusses why sextortion emails just won’t die [33’54].
Click-and-drag on the soundwaves below to skip to any point in the podcast.
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.