Get yourself up to date with everything we’ve written in the last seven days – it’s weekly roundup time.
Monday 4 November 2019
- Apple developers – get this update to protect the rest of us!
- Russia’s sovereign internet law comes into force
- Pentagon publishes AI guidelines
- Undercover reporter tells all after working for a Polish troll farm
- US grounds Chinese-made drones as part of security review
Tuesday 5 November 2019
- Google patches bug that let nearby hackers send malware to your phone
- Office for Mac 2011 users warned about SYLK file format
- Florida city sends $742K to fraudsters as it bites the BEC hook
- Police interrogate Alexa for clues in fatal spear-stabbing
Wednesday 6 November 2019
- Smartphone and speaker voice assistants can be hacked using lasers
- Mozilla says ISPs are lying to Congress about encrypted DNS
- Ransomware attacks in Spain leave radio station in “hysteria”
- Founders of ‘worthless cryptocurrency’ ATM Coin fined over $4.25m scam
Thursday 7 November 2019
- S2 Ep16: BlueKeep, ransomware and sextortion – Naked Security Podcast
- Facebook scam steals famous faces and BBC branding
- WordPress sites hit by malvertising
- Linux users warned to update libarchive to beat flaw
- Pilot presses the wrong button, triggers airport hostage alarm
- Facebook confesses 100 devs may have accessed leaked Groups data
- Warrant let police search online DNA database
Friday 8 November 2019
- IT services pro hacked former client’s email
- Leak of 4,000 Facebook documents heaps more trouble on internet giant
- Another Facebook hoax: Robbers still throwing eggs at car windows?
Our latest podcast
BlueKeep, ransomware and sextortion… Listen below, or wherever you get your podcasts – just search for Naked Security.
Click-and-drag on the soundwaves below to skip to any point in the podcast.
Our latest video
(Watch directly on YouTube if the video won’t play here.)
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.