Get yourself up to date with everything we’ve written in the last seven days – it’s weekly roundup time.
Monday 25 November 2019
- OneCoin crypto-scam lawyer found guilty of worldwide $400m fraud
- Ad-blocking companies block ‘unblockable’ tracker
- Russia to ban sale of devices that don’t come with “Russian software”
- Hacker gets 4 years in jail for NeverQuest banking malware
Tuesday 26 November 2019
- Naked Security needs an intern! Here’s how to apply
- Parents say creep hacked their baby monitor to tell toddler they ‘love’ her
- Court says suspect can’t be forced to reveal 64-character password
- National Veterinary Associates catches dose of ransomware
- Sir Tim Berners-Lee publishes plan to save the web from ‘digital dystopia’
Wednesday 27 November 2019
- Facebook, Twitter profiles slurped by mobile apps using malicious SDKs
- Splunk customers should update now to dodge Y2K-style bug
- EU raises eyebrows at possible US encryption ban
- Police arrest alleged Chuckling Squad member who hijacked @Jack Dorsey
- Firefox gets tough on tracking tricks that sneakily sap your privacy
Thursday 28 November 2019
- Stay safe on Black Friday – and the rest of the year, too!
- S2 Ep18: Missing cryptoqueen, festive phishing and can the web be saved? – Naked Security Podcast
- Kids’ smartwatch security tracker can be hacked by anyone
- Ransomware attack freezes health records access at 110 nursing homes
- HPE warns of impending SSD disk doom
- Twitter says it won’t delete tweets from those who have died
Friday 29 November 2019
- Netflix account freeze – don’t click, it’s a scam!
- US tightens rules on drone use in policy update
- Adobe’s Magento Marketplace suffers data breach
- Pressure mounts for federal privacy law with second bill
- Master Go player retires citing AI supremacy
The latest Naked Security Live video
Black Friday may be officially over, but you should always stay alert for shopping scams.
(Watch directly on YouTube if the video won’t play here.)
The latest Naked Security podcast
We discuss the crypto-scam that tricked people into investing $400m, Tim Berners-Lee’s Contract for the Web, and how to stay safe online during the festive season.
Listen below, or wherever you get your podcasts – just search for Naked Security.
Click-and-drag on the soundwaves below to skip to any point in the podcast.
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.