Get yourself up to date with everything we’ve written in the last seven days – it’s weekly roundup time.
Monday 30 March 2020
- Has Houseparty really hacked your phone and stolen your bank details?
- How to stay on top of coronavirus scams – and all the others too
- Apple’s iOS 13.4 hit by VPN bypass vulnerability
- Chrome may bring back ‘www’ with option to show full URLs
- Should governments track your location to fight COVID-19?
- Google sent ~40K warnings to targets of state-backed attackers in 2019
Tuesday 31 March 2020
- Marriott International confirms data breach of up to 5.2 million guests
- Patch now! Critical flaw found in OpenWrt router software
- Dharma ransomware source code on sale for $2,000
- Data on almost every citizen of Georgia posted on hacker forum
- Researchers speed the death of ‘bad’ data in the race against good
- “Instant bank fraud” warning spread on WhatsApp is a hoax
- 5 tips for keeping your data safe this World Backup Day
Wednesday 1 April 2020
- Bill Gates’s YouTube ‘Bitcoin giveaway’ is a big fat scam
- QR code generator scam steals thousands in Bitcoin
- Microsoft’s Edge browser to get breached credential alerts
Thursday 2 April 2020
- Don’t get locked out of your own website – update this WordPress plugin now!
- S2 Ep33: Ransomware on sale, dark web disaster, dead drops and pillow forts – Naked Security Podcast
- Phone carriers must authenticate calls to fight robocalls, says FCC
- COVID-19 forces browser makers to continue supporting TLS 1.0
Friday 3 April 2020
- 5 things you can do today to make Zooming safer
- ‘Zombie’ Windows win32k bug reanimated by researcher
- Watch out for the new wave of COVID-19 scams, warns IRS
Sunday 5 April 2020
Latest Naked Security podcast
Click-and-drag on the soundwaves below to skip to any point in the podcast. You can also listen directly on Soundcloud.
Latest 60 Second Security video
(Watch directly on YouTube if the video won’t play here.)
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.